An estate planning attorney guides and helps you in selecting the right options for estate maintenance after death or in case of inability. An experienced attorney seeks to completely understand your requirements and objectives about the maintenance of your estate and other property and advises ways to attain those wishes. Dan Dekoter Attorney specializes in estate planning and ensures that the wishes of his clients are carried out as per the law.
Listed below are some of the points that explain how an estate planning attorney can help:
- Plan to eliminate or reduce estate tax
- Make a legitimately complete Property Power of Attorney
- Make a will, and assist manage the certification process
- Transfer property to your loved ones in the way you want
- Create irrevocable trusts or other special types of trusts.
- Help evade custody of the estate for minors or disabled persons
- Establish a living trust to evade probate and in case of inability allow for management of assets
- Help in putting your retirement plans, brokerage accounts, business and partnership interests, insurance policies, personal property and debt into trusts or business entities
- Make sure your property is protected suitably from your creditors, predators and inheritors
Thus, it can be said that an experienced estate planning attorney helps make sure that your wishes are carried out smoothly.
Qualities that Make Dan DeKoter Attorney A Favored Real Estate Attorney
- A general practitioner may not have the specialized knowledge and experience to help you with the distinctive family and financial circumstances. Therefore, you should look for someone who dedicates his practice to this area of the law.
- You should be at ease when sharing intimate details of your life and worries with the lawyer so that your estate plan does not prove inadequate of your requirements and expectations.
- The estate planning lawyer should be familiar with the laws and should keep him/ her up to date about the same. Or else, your estate plan may eventually be considered as unacceptable by the court.
Keep in mind that state laws are very particular about certain things and any error on this part can prove to be a costly affair. Thus, by working with a qualified estate planning attorney will help you avoid this kind of simple and yet expensive error.
Dan Dekoter Attorney is the partner of Dekoter, Thole & Dawson PLC. At present Dan serves on the Village Northwest Unlimited Board. Previously he has been a member of the Sibley Kiwanis, Sibley Library Board, Northwest Iowa Humane Society (president), Iowa State Bar Association Legal Forms Committee (chair), and numerous church boards. Dan Dekoter at present lives in rural Dickinson County, Iowa with his family. His main practice areas include personal injury; products liability; insurance defense; probate and estate planning.
Dan Dekoter has completed Juris Doctorate Degree from the University Of Iowa Law School. Before he has started working with a law firm as an attorney, he has successfully completed Iowa Bar examination. He has also obtained B.A. in English and Philosophy from Calvin College.