The urinary tract involves ureters, kidneys, bladder and the urethra. If any of these get an infection, it is known as the urinary tract infection or the UTI. Children and adults get this types of infection in general but women are more prone to these infections. In the urinary tract, the bacteria usually infect the bladder area. This is one of the most common conditions.
The urethra that carries the urine from bladder to outside of the body usually gets infected and carries the bacterial infection to the bladder. If the bacteria reach the kidneys, the condition becomes worse. The causes of UTI can be genetic. The reason that women get the UTI infection more than men and children is due to the closeness of the urethra to the anus in women.
The bacteria from the anus spread to the urethra and they are carried to the bladder. The commonest bacteria are the gastrointestinal bacteria known as E. coli that reside in the colon. Also, the length of the urethra is short thus it moves the germs to the bladder easily and quickly. The catheters and diaphragm are also the sources that cause infection.
Pregnant women, patients with patients suffering from diabetes and people with low immunity are more prone to UTI. Dehydration is also a major cause of the urinary tract infection. The symptoms that are experienced are the pain, constant need to urinate, and burning sensation during urinating, cloudy urine, blood in urine, pelvic pain, and foul smelling urine.
If the bacteria reach the upper part of the urinary tract then you get to notice symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, chills and may be fever sometimes. In children, there is a loss of appetite and noticed irritability. Doctors usually prescribe antibiotics after examining the urine sample.
Some of the simple natural homes remedies for UTI that can help you prevent and treat the infections effectively are listed below:
- Water: It helps to flush out all the harmful toxins from the body and keeps you hydrated and fresh.
- Cranberry Juice: The cranberry juice is quite beneficial in treating the urinary tract infections. It contains properties that prevent the bacteria from clinging to the cells.
- Blueberries: These berries gave bacteria-inhibiting properties that help fight the urinary tract infections.
- Pineapple: Eating fresh pineapples help you combat the urinary tract infections.
- Alfalfa Juice: This juice is beneficial for the kidneys and helps get rid of the toxins and ensures that the bacteria does not spread to the kidneys.
- Baking Soda: adding a pinch of baking soda to a glass of water and drinking it will help you increase the pH levels of your urine.
It is quite important that one does not hold the urge to urinate frequently. Clean your pubic area and wipe from front to back every time you use the toilet. Clean yourself completely after having sex to avoid dangerous diseases. Avoid sprays and douches on your body.